Posted by : Amrit Friday 21 March 2014

On April 1st 2014, some hundreds of bloggers around the globe will take part in the AtoZ Challenge 2014. This challenge is like a blog marathon where the bloggers need to write everyday in the month of April. 

It is called an AtoZ Challenge because the first post will be a topic starting with the Letter A, the second post will be about something starting with B and in the same way the last post will be about Z. 

Then there is the blog-break, which is the Sundays. 

So no blogging on Sundays, that will leave for us exactly 26 days to blog. So covering a letter a day is what we basically need to do.

Associated with the same there was another segment called the Theme reveal post, which was scheduled for 21st March, that is today. The bloggers need to write a post explaining the theme of the blogs they will write in the month of April.

Since this is a movie blog, I believe I don't have to talk about a theme. Obviously my posts will be about movies. But let's talk about the theme within the theme.

Basically my blog contains reviews of the movies from the west, but during this challenge, I am planning to write more about Hindi films and foreign language films. Basically, I don't watch commercial films but the ones which have more critical reception. So, you will get to read reviews of some critically acclaimed masterpiece from the world cinema.

Some films will be the latest ones [by latest everything after 1990 is latest for me] whereas some will be old classics. I will also write about my favorite form of films, that is the silent cinema. Silent films used to be ingeniously great and this is the right opportunity to discuss those brilliant films.

There will be some Indian films which the audience trashed, but they were actually good; I will include some of those as well. Sometimes I may come up with Trivial posts; I love Trivia, they are usually fascinating, so I will try to fascinate my readers as well.

I believe, you got a idea of what you are going to witness at THE MOVIE GEEK's BLOG during the month of April. Please bookmark this blog and come back in April, there will be a cinematic fest. 

if you want to take part in this challenge, you can do it HERE

-Amrit Rukhaiyaar

{ 62 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Good going! All the best. I love trivia :) SO will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Shailaja, do come back, sorry for the delayed reply :)

      Delete
  2. Trivials come out as masterpieces.....
    will look forward to them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just wrote a post about a Mexican film, do check out Sitara... sorry for te delayed reply

      Delete
  3. Sounds great!! Looking forward to read about movies and trivia, this April. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April is here Shilpa... excited about your 55 fictions.. sorry for the delayed reply

      Delete
  4. Looking good! All the best and see you in April :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome.... WE love evrything abt movies....Don't we :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to April, Amrit! Movies are always enjoyable to read about. :)

    Vidya
    Team Damyanti

    My April A to Z Challenge 2014 Theme Reveal #atozchallenge #atozreveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vidya... love to have you here :)

      Delete
  7. Great theme. Wishing you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wrote a mexican film, do check out :)

      Delete
    2. *wrote a review for a mexican film... oops

      Delete
  8. I enjoy watching foreign films from time to time, so I'm sure your posts will provide me with lots of good information about them.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes MJ, wrote my first review for a foreign film, do check out :)

      Delete
  9. I really like your blog! I just discovered it through the theme reveal blog hop list and am now your newest member. I look forward to learning about the movies you will cover during the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Shawn... glad to have you here...

      Delete
  10. I'm putting your blog on the must read list. Anything having to do with movies, I'm in. I have one post related to movies referenced in my debut novel. Check it out on day F. Good luck on A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day F...? I will be on your blog on other days too :P

      good to have you here Sydney

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to this. I watch movies so rarely that I am unfamiliar with a lot of Western movies thus even more sadly lacking in any real knowledge of global cinema. I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with world cinema.

    *~MAJK~*
    A-to-Z Challenge 2014
    Mighty Minion of Co-Host Nicole Ayers
    @Safireblade on Twitter
    http://www.safireblade.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. please come back to enlighten yourself about movies :)

      Delete
  12. Movies....trivia....well, it's as enticing as it can be :) Waiting, Amrit :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Movies and trivia - I like it. Can't wait to see where you go with it!

    --Jessica
    SF & Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be glad to have you here again... thanks for liking Jessica :)

      Delete
  14. All the best with A to Z Amritt! :)
    Will surely check out in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Silvi... will be glad having you here in the month of April :)

      Delete
  15. Another movie one - wonder how many I'll have seen. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movies is something everyone loves, many blogs about it too :) you will love all of those, I am sure :)

      Delete
  16. Cinema. Aha. Wonderful theme Amrit. I hope I would make it a point to join you here and make sure I be part of this wonderful party.

    I have revealed my theme too. Take some time out and check it.

    - Kripali
    (AJ's wHooligans)
    Sumptuous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it Kripali... sorry for the delayed reply... checking your theme now :)

      Delete
  17. I do enjoy movies, but never seem to watch enough. So I take vicarious pleasure from movie blogs! Good luck with the challenge, Amritt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Corinne... glad you like my post :)

      Delete
  18. Movies and movie trivia!! Cool topic Amrit! Looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me come with a few trivia in a few days... for now I have started with a foreign film :) Do check it out Gauri :)

      Delete
  19. Movie and Trivia very interesting !!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some really interesting movies coming our way that means...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Indeed.. foreign, silent, Hindi, English whatever but GOOD FILMS :)

      Delete
  21. Should be good...I'm more of an alternative/indie film fan myself than the regular mainstream ones. Good luck! Hope to find some interesting movies to watch through your journey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh great to know that my friend :) Will look forward to your visits :)

      Delete
  22. Exciting, I would love to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. for a movie buff like me this is something I just cannot miss. All the very best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then be here on every day of April, I will be happy with your presence :)

      Delete
  24. I am looking forward to you reviews on foreign movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rajlakshmi... just posted my first :)

      Delete
  25. I love movie blogs. Looking forward to some favourites as well as some new ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. trivia's about movies looking forward.all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the movies and geekier the better. Hope to have a great read.
    Bookmarked alright.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Waah! 26 movies and trivia! Can't wait for it to be April :)

    Ishihaa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stopping by from the A to Z challenge reveal.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jamie... good to have you here :)

      Delete
  30. Hey I'm a movie blogger too. But I'm not in to AtoZ challenge. I'm into a sort of different challenge. But anyways look forward to your movies and all the best. I just saw your first post Amores Perros. Superb film. Keep going. All the best.

    Ravi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ravi.. do let me know more about your blog... will read it for sure... btw thanks for your lovely comments :)

      Delete
    2. Amrit, Yes, this is my blog, http://filmbulb.blogspot.com/. Currently I'm writing in Tamil, the challenge is like A to Z, but in Tamil Script. But you can find most of other posts in English. Happy blogging.

      Delete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -