Posted by : Amrit Wednesday 1 January 2014

With hours and hours of movie watching, another year came to an end. I hope you watched mostly good cinema last year.

I watched some of the greatest films in 2013 and studied a lot about cinema, film making, foreign cinema [non-English or Hindi], a couple of books on movies and everything that adds to the history of cinema.

In 2014, I am planning to watch no less than 400 films [new and re-watching and on TV], so apart from everything I catch on the TV [let's say 100 films], I have planned to watch 25 films a month otherwise, that is on my system or DVD.


So here goes my list for January 2014 excluding the ones I will catch on TV. This list contains 19 good to great English films and 6 well received Non-English films, which contains a Kannada, a Tamil, a Hindi, a Brazilian, a French and a Japanese Film.

1. Seven Samurai [Japanese]
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. The Lord of Rings Trilogy
7. City of God [Brazilian]
8. Se7en
9. Silence of the Lambs
10. Caché [French]
11. Shame
12. Rush
13. Election
14. Manhunter
15. Sunshine
16. Half Nelson
17. The Road
18. Before the Devil Knows You are Dead
19. Soodhu Kavvum [Tamil]
20. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag [Hindi]
21. The Ghost Writer
22. The People Vs. Larry Flint
23. Lucia [Kannada Film]
24. Riley Rewind
25. The Bank Job
Some of these are films I have watched before and some of these are films I am gonna watch for the first time. So, this is it for the resolution, will watch lots of movie and will not waste a moment of my time doing worthless things when I am not working. The Movie Geek's Blog wish you a Happy New Year. Happy Movies. Happy Cinema.

This list is well represented on LetterBoxd: Have a look.

-Amritt

{ 14 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Happy New Year to you Amritt! That's quite some list there....since I am 'primarily' a hindi movie buff I did not know half of these listed here, but ye, some of the english movie listed here i do wanna watch too. Guess will cover this month myself!

    Happy movie watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Kajal.. I am a movie enthusiast and there is no good film, I wont watch, language is no barrier.... this year I am planning to watch all the Black and white classics of Hindi film industry :)

      Delete
  2. I suggest you add the Spanish Film, blancanieves. It is among my favorites I saw this year. I really appreciate the wide variety of films on your list. Wonderful!

    I am popping over from the Ultimate Blog Challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay, I just IMDb-ed it and it looks like an interesting film, I will certainly add it in my watchlist of February..!!

      Delete
  3. I've only seen One flew over the cuckoo's nest but that was like years and years ago. Enjoy your movies. Dropping by from UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you seem like a non movie fan, but if you like movies just a little, you should certainly watch only the great ones... and One flew over the cuckoo's nest is one of the greatest..

      Delete
  4. Seen few of dem...will add d rest to the list.
    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you better Ratika... and please start watching The Big Bang Theory this year... :D

      Delete
  5. Brilliant choices!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your list. I am sure you will love Lord of the rings Trilogy, One flew over cuckoo's nest, Seven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have seen TLOTR Trilogy before, a rewatch is needed before hopping on to the Hobbit Trilogy

      Delete
  7. I love almost all the movies on your list! This year I want to see more big 3-D movies in the theater, since we have so many available in NYC. Last week we saw Thor, which has brilliant effects and was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know, you liked my list.. will post another list next month... suggestions will be appreciated meanwhile..

      Delete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -