Posted by : Amrit Monday 6 January 2014

I love the sports genre, every time there is a sports film announced, the movie enthusiast in me gets excited and prepares itself by watching and re-watching some of the greatest sports films. I particularly love it, sports film never disappointed me, whatever I have seen, I liked them all, and loved most of them. 

Now, this year can be a real treat for someone who loves cinema from the sports genre, because there is going to be two big releases in the sports genre in the months of April and May. I am gonna talk about the one which is going to release earlier.


This film is called Draft Day.

Kevin Costner is back with another sports film, he shifts his focus from Baseball to American Football this time. It is about the struggle, Sonny Weaver, the General Manager of the Cleveland Browns does to acquire the number one draft pick for his team. Sonny appears to be kind of a maverick, who has his stubborn but productive ways with the team. The cast includes Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner, Tom Welling, Denis Leary and Frank Langella. 

Jennifer Garner is perhaps Kevin's love interest. Denis Leary plays the role for the coach of the club and Frank is playing the role of Harvey Molina, who owns the team. There is some cool soundtrack, the music is composed by John Debney. The trailer looks neat and I have big hopes from this film. This film is directed by Ivan Reitman and is set to a release for April 2014. 


Tomorrow, there will be another trailer preview for the bigger sports film, which I am most excited about.

-Amrit Rukhaiyaar

{ 10 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I just love Kevin Costner, Draft Day is on my list of movies to see in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin Costner has a natural way with acting.. I loved his performance in Man of Steel.. and yes it was a small role, but he looked like Jonathan Kent for real

      Delete
  2. I hate almost all sports. I tolerate baseball because my husband LOVES it and we have season tickets to the Diamonbacks. However, I LOVE sports movies. They are so full of inspiration and motivation and the sports theme is usually just one element to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is exactly like a heist film, I hate thieves for real, but they are damn sexy on screen; Italian job, Ocean's eleven, to name a few..

      Delete
  3. I think I may need to pop over here in future for film reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh sure.. I will try to keep up the good work :)

      Delete
  4. From the promo the movie looks like it would be exciting. Let's see if I can catch it this April! Thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sports films always excite me to the core.. you must watch this one :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not keen on sport either, but I love Kevin Costner and I love movies and I love all his sport movies, so I'm in and have this on my 2014 list of must see movies. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some actors just go natural with a certain genre, like Arnold Schwarzenneger looks perfect doing action

      Delete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -