Posted by : Amrit Saturday 5 April 2014

My Blog's tagline used to be "The Movie blog for reviews, trailers, quotes and interesting stories." So, I write reviews, put some trailers, mention quotes too but what is missing is some interesting stories about the Movie Geek himself. Now is the time for my first story as a movie aficionado. 

Today, I will share my first experience with films and how it made me fall in love with the idea of movies, so this is how it all started. 

Many Years ago, on a summer afternoon, I, a 5 year old child was lying on the bed with a body temperature of 101 degree Fahrenheit. The TV was on, and the Mehmood Starring "KUNWARA BAAP" was showing. I was shivering with fever and was alone in the room, so without bothering to move forward and change the channel [there wasn't a remote controlled TV in my home in 1994], I just lied there and continued watching that film without much interest. 



In a few minutes, I started to bond with that crippled child [Mehmood's son in the film]or say started to relate with the child's character as I was sick too. After the film finished, I was so sad, I ran to my mother and started crying after witnessing the poor state of the father-son duo depicted in the film.

My mother explained patiently, that it is just a film and everything that they show is only fiction and I shouldn't be sad about it, but a sad child takes things to heart. Just thinking about that poor Mehmood character made me sad, but after a few weeks, when I watched him doing a comedy scene in some other film, I  understood the methodology of films and understood that portraying of characters may not be real and are mostly fiction. This was a fascinating revelation for me, I was so fascinated with the fact that a couple of actors can make common people sad and happy and can make them cry. I respected cinema, thereafter, everything they made. 

This is an important story and I don't wanna cut it short, so presenting it in parts, this was how I introduced myself to cinema or it was introduced to me. I will write a part 2 very soon to tell how my love story with films developed.

-Amritt Rukhaiyaar

[This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge in April 2014. Let's celebrate blogging.]

Note: I forgot the film name but I remembered the plot so I had to Google to find the title.

{ 28 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Forget as a child I still take movies every seriously, they totally get in my head.
    Thanks for sharing this post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot for you understand the emotion of the 5 year old ME :)

      Delete
  2. Few movies make me cry no matter what - Good post!!! I still wonder why Rahul didn't love Anjali at the first place in K2H2


    S(t)ri
    Smile - It makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Stri, but that K2H2 never made me cry, yes K3G did :P

      Delete
  3. That's the magic of good movies. A very heart warming post. Will wait for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't call myself a movie buff but like the way you write. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You started bonding with movies pretty early! No wonder you are now a pro at reviewing and writing all about movies! Looking forward to the next part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I a pro...? thanks a lot for saying that... you are so sweet Shilpa :)

      Delete
  6. I love movies too. I think they take you to a wonderful magical land and for those 2-3 hours I forget my own troubles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it does help you magically, whenever failure strikes me, I go watch something like "The Shawshank Redemption" or "The Pursuit of Happyness". It gives me hope :)

      Delete
  7. We go to the movies to forget our lives and be one of them. I love movies so much I want to join as a character in my favourite ones.
    Nice post. http://inderpreetkaur.blogspot.com/2014/03/e.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Im a total movie buff and love the magic of movies. Nice post there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I somehow have found that any art can affect people in this way. The idea of someone taking you away from your reality by portraying something that is not even their reality is surreal. Looking forward to part 2 :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so true... Art forms have unbeatable powers to strike human emotions in the most beautiful ways :)

      Delete
  10. Oh wow you really connected with movies so early...hmm..well I do love movies but not so much.. But loved the passion with which you talk about cinema... nice :)

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love cinema and everything that is associated :) thanks a lot Nabanita :)

      Delete
  11. Movies carry lessons, I like your post and perspective that a couple of people make people laugh and cry..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shine for understanding my words :)

      Delete
  12. Loving your blog! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Silvia... great connecting with you :)

      Delete
  13. many a times it happens.....that we experiences similar as those in movies....
    Kunwara baap was a nice movie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Movies are my way to celebrate happy moments and way to get out of my cranky moods...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the best part is it completely helps in it :)

      Delete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -