Posted by : Amrit Monday 7 April 2014

At the time when I revealed my theme for the AtoZ Challenge, I promised that I will come up with some interesting movie trivia, this is my first trivial post for the month of April.

Forrest Gump is one of the most popular films we know of. Even if someone is not really into movies, they have watched Forrest Gump. Tom Hanks played the role of Forrest Gump and won the Best Actor Award at the 1995 Oscars and the film won the Best Picture.

Here are some interesting trivia about Forrest Gump:

1. The girl in the school bus was Tom Hanks's daughter Elizabeth Hanks.

Elizabeth Hanks
2. John Travolta and Chevy Chase and Bill Murray turned down the role of Forrest Gump. Travolta did admit later that passing that role was a mistake.

3. It took only 66 days for the film to pass the $250 million mark at the box office.

4. Gary Sinise's character tells Tom Hanks's character that the day Forrest works on a shrimp boat is the day he'd be an astronaut and next year, Sinise and Tom Hanks appeared together as astronauts in Ron Howard's Apollo 13.

a still from "Apollo 13", Gary Sinise indeed became an astronaut
5. After the success of Forrest Gump, Author Winston Groom wrote a sequel novel, 'Gump & Co.' (1995), Forrest Gump happens to meet Tom Hanks in the novel.

6. In the 1988 movie Punchline, Sally Field plays the love interest for Tom Hanks's character; in Forrest Gump, 6 years later, she plays his character's mother.

7. In 2007, the American Film Institute ranked this as the #76 Greatest Movie of All Time.

8. On the other hand,  The movie was named as one of "The 20 Most Overrated Movies Of All Time" by Premiere.

I hope you like trivia as I do. They are fascinating.

-Amritt Rukhaiyaar

[This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge in April 2014. Let's celebrate blogging.]

Sources: Google, Wikipedia, IMDb

{ 34 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Oh I love trivia, especially movie trivia, and when they are of the movie which I have loved dearly over the years, it is all the more exciting. Thanks for this post Amrit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely fascinating...and what a coincidence...I did a review of the movie too, today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always fun reading abt movie's, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and hate to admit, I haven;t watched the movie yet! I will for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Trivia.. especially when they are about my fav book or movie!!

    http://iamstri.wordpress.com/
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forrest Gump was indeed a great film :)

      Delete
  6. Nice trivia! You have also written about the same movie as Kajal and now I really have to watch it

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love movie trivia - kind of behind the scenes stuff. Enjoyed your post.

    Obsessivemom
    Amazing Authors

    A to Z Challenge, 2014/ UBC, April 2014

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forrest Gump i is one movie no one can forget once watched. A classic always to be cherished.

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true... gump was a character that lives in your heart for life

      Delete
  9. I admit it - I really dislike this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh I know that Susan.... many others hate it.. but I love it, nit my favorite but yes a great film

      Delete
  10. Haven't seen this one. But to be true to what I am thinking right now I feel I won't like this movie much. Nevertheless there would be a lot coming from you.

    - Kripali
    (AJ's wHooligans)
    Sumptuous Living
    A2ZFiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you to give it a try... you may end up loving it :)

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed watching it. I'll bet Chevy Chase wishes he'd done Forrest Gump too. He has never had a movie that hugely successful, I think? Yet you have to wonder.. would the movie have been as good/hugely popular done by any of the actors who turned the role down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a trivial post about different actors approached for The Shawshank Redemption, I think you should read that one too...:)

      http://thebiggestmovieblog.blogspot.in/2013/10/trivia-alternate-cast-of-shawshank.html

      Delete
  12. The trivia is great. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. F for 'Forest Gump' is quite popular!!! :) Its a wonderful movie! A must watch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shesha... good to have you here :)

      Delete
  14. Nothing can be trivial about the is mega movie. Great choice for the day.
    Another favourite.
    Thanks.
    guilty-as-you-think.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Trivia and also this movie and I learned some things I did not know so Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice to know these things....twas a great movie ...one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -