Posted by : Amrit Saturday 19 April 2014

The Movie is Good Will Hunting [1997]

Matt Damon is Will Hunting.
Ben Affleck is Chuckie Sullivan.

Will, A janitor at MIT has a gift for mathematics, he knows about his gift, but is failing to realize how important is it for him and for those who love him.


"Will: What do I wanna way outta here for? I'm gonna live here the rest of my fuckin' life. We'll be neighbors, have little kids, take 'em to Little League up at Foley Field.

Chuckie: Look, you're my best friend, so don't take this the wrong way but, in 20 years if you're still livin' here, comin' over to my house, watchin' the Patriots games, workin' construction, I'll fuckin' kill ya. That's not a threat, that's a fact, I'll fuckin' kill ya.

Will: What the fuck you talkin' about?

Chuckie: You got somethin' none of us have...

Will: Oh, come on! What? Why is it always this? I mean, I fuckin' owe it to myself to do this or that. What if I don't want to?

Chuckie: No. No, no no no. Fuck you, you don't owe it to yourself man, you owe it to me. Cuz tomorrow I'm gonna wake up and I'll be 50, and I'll still be doin' this shit. And that's all right. That's fine. I mean, you're sittin' on a winnin' lottery ticket. And you're too much of a pussy to cash it in, and that's bullshit. 'Cause I'd do fuckin' anything to have what you got. So would any of these fuckin' guys. It'd be an insult to us if you're still here in 20 years. Hangin' around here is a fuckin' waste of your time."

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon won the Academy Award for Best Screenplay in 1998 for Good Will Hunting. Here is the one of the greatest Oscar Winning Moment, you can't afford to miss.



[This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge in April 2014. Let's celebrate blogging.]

{ 10 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. In my top ten of movies and the last line from Chuckie, top ten of favorite movie quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was indeed a beautiful movie, well deserved entrant in Top 10

      Delete
  2. Nice collection as always!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this movie and now, with this reminder, I want to see it again.

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it Carol... it's beautiful !!

      Delete
  4. Those guys deserve the Oscar for all their work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this movie twice and thats very rare :)
    Nice post !

    ReplyDelete

Sample Advertisement 2

Sample Advertisement 2

Which is the Greatest English Language Film Ever Made?

Followers

Popular Post

FB Followers

Author: Amrit Rukhaiyaar 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

- Copyright © Movie Geek's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Amritt Rukhaiyaar -